What this is about

To mark the centenary of the Great War, I am researching the WW1 histories of my ancestors. This blog documents my progress.
To read a summary of what I've discovered so far, select an ancestor/family member from the list on the right-hand side.

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Still here!

Things are pretty quiet on the research front at the moment, but it's still simmering quietly.

 

I discovered an archive newspaper clipping from findmypast.com, which lists my great uncle John Lee Price as being wounded in 1917. I now need to look at the other Gloucestershire Regiment soldiers who are also listed and find out where, when and in which battalion they were wounded. Hopefully this will help clear up the mystery of whether John was ever in the 8th battalion, as listed in his medal roll.

 

I am also researching another great uncle (by marriage) Alfred Hill. Luckily his service record survives, but I would still like to get an idea of where the regiments he served in were during his time. However to do this Imhave to wait fr some of the diaries to be digitised by the National Archives and also get a look at some held by the Royal Engineers museum, which is quite a long way away.

 

One more avenue of enquiry is the Western Front Association, which is digitising thousands of WW1 pension records. I have sent in a request form for some of my relatives to be searched for, but it will take them some time.

 

So although this blog hasn't been updated for a while, I'm still here researching!

No comments:

Post a Comment