What this is about

To mark the centenary of the Great War, I am researching the WW1 histories of my ancestors. This blog documents my progress.
To read a summary of what I've discovered so far, select an ancestor/family member from the list on the right-hand side.

Monday 12 June 2017

Felton & Preston Wynne Memorial Hall

Another update for my great uncle John Lee Price. A while back I discovered an article in the Hereford Times (thanks to Herefordshire History) that details the opening of Felton & Preston Wynne Memorial Hall.

Among the fallen of the two parishes that the hall is dedicated to is one John Price. I believe this to be my great uncle, and as such have noted the dedication on his page. I have also included a photo of the memorial plaque that I managed to take recently.

(Note that on Herefordshire Council's excellent WW1 centenary website, the incorrect John Price is listed for this memorial - in an email to me, the Herefordshire archives team have promised to rectify this mistake when circumstances allow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment